We are off to the UK with the family later this week and so will be offline for 3 or 4 weeks. Today’s recipe is one which was new for me, I’ve never eaten or cooked with lambs neck but we had bunch of them at so thought I'd give them a whirl and it was bloody great.
3 Brown Onion - roughly chopped
1/2 bulb garlic - peeled and left whole
2 sprigs Rosemary
1 tsp Chilli flakes
3 tbs Olive oil
12-15 lamb necks
1 cup pitted Green olives
1 Punnet medley cherry tomatoes
400g tinned tomatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 140C. In a crockpot or oven proof dish heat the olive oil on medium heat on the stove top. Add the onions, garlic, chilli and rosemary.
- Fry for 5 or 6 minutes before adding the necks
- Add the punnet of tomatoes, tinned tomatoes and olives.
- Season the dish and place in the oven for 3.5-4hrs or until the meat falls off the bone. Lid on.
- Remove from the heat and serve.