Delicious T-bone steak
1 grass finished T bone steak - room temp
1 tbs olive oil
1-2 tbs butter
- Remove your steak from the fridge 30-40 mins prior to cooking
- Using a cast iron skillet or thick base fry pan heat the olive oil to a high heat
- Season the steak with salt and pepper
- Place the steak in the pan - do not touch!
- Allow the steak to caramelise in the pan and for a ‘crust’ to form (this will take 90 sec-2 mins if the oil/pan is hot
- Check to see the steak is caramelised before flipping over and achieving the same result on the second side
- With 90 secs cook time remaining (3 mins on both sides should be about right but times will varying for preferences and thickness of steak) add the butter and baste the steak using a tablespoon.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove from the heat and allow to rest on a board for 5 minutes, meanwhile season again with black pepper. Season with sea salt moments before serving.
More from: Carnivore carnivore diet chef grass fed keto keto diet meat meat delivered paleo primal diet
Leave a comment