This is the goods!
Lamb is from our Tathra Place farmer - Luke, who tends to his property and animals with care and wisdom
Now this is a 7-hour cook time at 90C which suited my plans today and might suit a 9 to 5er however (pop in the oven before walking out the door to work), if you don’t have 9 hours up your sleeve then bring up the temperature to 140C and cook for 3 or so hours.
7 hr Spiced Lamb Shoulder
1 lamb shoulder (bone in preferably)
2 tbs olive oil
2 large onions - chopped
6 garlic cloves
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp sumac
1 whole preserved lemon - chopped
400g tinned tomatoes
4 potatoes - peeled and quartered
2 cups of chopped kale
- Pre heat oven to 90C
- Heat the olive oil in a crock pot on medium heat and add the onion and garlic and saute for 10 mins before adding all the herbs and spices and stir through.
- Drop in the lamb shoulder and move around the pan to ensure it gets coated in the herbs and spices.
- Add the chopped lemons, potatoe, tomatoes. Season. Place the lid on the crock pot and place in the oven.
- With 10-15 minutes of cook time remaining, add the chopped kale to the lamb pot and stir through
- Remove from the oven, season and serve